BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Wednesday

The Perfect Mother's Day

Mother's Day

I have a confession. You know what I want for Mother's Day? A break from being a mom. Not from the good stuff – I can never get enough of the hugs and kisses and “Mom, you're the best!” I'm talking about the cooking, the cleaning, the refereeing, the unrelenting expectation that whatever the problem, Mom can fix it. My idea of the perfect Mother's Day is instead of an endless chorus of “Mo-om,” I hear “Da-ad” instead.

I've been a parent for almost 21 years, and I have yet to experience even one such day. I suppose I'll have to wait until my youngest leaves the nest – but by then, I imagine my “perfect” Mother's Day won't seem so perfect then.

I guess it's up to me to make sure that my Mother's Day is the kind of day I want. So, I'll curl up in bed while my kids prepare my breakfast (and leave the mess for me to clean later), reading homemade cards and unwrapping gifts made at school. I will take a nap. I'll eat through half the box of chocolates from my husband, and at the end of the day, when the house is finally quiet, I'll slip into a warm bath and be thankful for this beautiful chaos that I'm sure I'll miss one day.

Relaxing Bath Salts
Relaxing Bath Salts

4 cups sea salt, kosher salt, or Epsom salts
5-10 drops essential oil (lavender, Serenity, Whisper, or Balance)
Dried fragrant plants such as lavender or eucalyptus (optional)

Mix ingredients together.  Pour into decorative container for yourself or as a gift for others.  Use a few spoonfuls of salts per bath.

0 comments: