BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Thursday

Toxin Hunter

Toxin Hunter



Have you ever seen that documentary about bedbugs? I remember the first time I saw it.  They zeroed in on a seemingly perfectly clean bed, with lovely bedding and fluffy pillows, only to reveal hundreds of creepy, crawling, monstrous bugs. I itched for weeks after watching that.

Well, it's the same thing for me with toxins. For years I've been oblivious to invisible toxins, following the five-second rule, allowing my children to keep their shoes on in the house, feeding them convenience foods, and cleaning with products that promise to KILL, KILL, KILL.

But then I started to hear whispers: Chemical toxins responsible for the global obesity epidemic. Astronomical increase in auto-immune diseases linked to toxins. Children reaching puberty earlier and earlier due to toxins. Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. Sleep disturbances, depression, sexual (*gulp*) problems linked to toxins. Suddenly, I'm seeing toxins all around me, and I fear that I am poisoning my family on a daily basis.

It's not easy to switch to a less-toxic lifestyle. So many of our conveniences are rife with toxicity. But I know that taking baby steps now will benefit me and my family for years to come.

Here is my action plan:

Buy foods only with ingredients that I recognize.

Use organic or natural products on my lawn and garden.

Use homemade household and beauty products.

Now, of course, you can't avoid all the toxins all the time. So, I'll continue to add a couple of drops of lemon, lime, or grapefruit essential oil to my drinking water. Citrus oils are wonderfully detoxifying and help support liver function.

I'll share some of the recipes I find for homemade household and beauty products.  In the meantime, here's a recipe for a moisturizing detoxifying salt scrub.

Detoxifying Salt Scrub



Detoxifying Salt Scrub

1/2 cup sea salt
2 Tbsp. fractionated coconut oil or almond oil
20 drops Slim and Sassy essential oil blend

Mix ingredients together.  Rub on in the shower and rinse off.

2 comments:

momto8 said...

the scrub sounds perfect...thank you! i grow many of my own veggies...with no toxins!!

MomEO said...

Thanks, Annmarie! I've started a garden this year, myself, for the same reason. Wish me luck!