BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Monday

Shoot Straight, Son

Little Shooter
Potty training a boy is different than potty training a girl. For obvious reasons, but also because the stakes are higher. Face it, you're the one who is going to have to clean the bathroom, and it's been a pretty easy job up to now.


Every mother beginning to potty train her son believes that this is it, that she is going to be the first mother in history to train a perfect shooter. We put Cheerios in the toilet bowl and reward our little guy with Skittles for every correct shot. Soon, he's going through a bag a day, and we're feeling pretty good about ourselves.

But it's like when my mom told me that when I lost a tooth, if I didn't stick my tongue in the hole, I'd grow a gold tooth. Sure, it's theoretically possible, but who has that kind of discipline?

And so it is with little boys. You take away the Cheerios and the Skittles, and they grow lazy. Heck, even my husband thinks he can shoot in the dark sometimes. Accuracy ebbs until you're praying for 50-50.

What do you do about cleaning the bathroom now? You could create a chore chart and never set foot in the bathroom for a year (which I *may* or *may not* have personally done). Cross your fingers and hope the smell never wafts into the living room.

Thankfully, I've found the remedy for boys. A lovely little blend of essential oils called Purify is strong enough that they use it for odor control in hospitals. I put about 10 drops in a spray bottle filled with water, and voila! If you came to my house, you'd think I had perfect shooters.

If you'd like a free sample of Purify blend essential oil, e-mail me at SuperMomEO@gmail.com

0 comments: