BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

Friday

Flops

I get ambitious sometimes.  I'll see a great idea on the internet and think, hey, my kids would love that!  I'll give it a try, and sometimes it works out great.  I'm a hero.  Sometimes, however, it doesn't turn out exactly the way I'd like it to.

Hershey's Kisses Acorns
For example, I saw a really cute snack idea in a Family Fun magazine.  Hersheys' Kisses acorns.  Like this: 

See?  It doesn't look that hard, does it?  Hershey's Kisses, mini vanilla wafers, and a little chocolate frosting.  What could go wrong?  Well, my Man Child went shopping for me, and he couldn't find the mini vanilla wafers, so he got the regular-sized. 

OK, I thought, maybe we could substitute mini Ritz crackers instead.  He brought some home, and they were still too big.  I tried it anyway, and asked my Little Fashionista what she thought they were.  She gave me her best dumb blonde look and a big, "Huh?"

Likewise, I had great plans for my blog post today.  I was going to make homemade peppermint patties, taking pictures step-by-step, and then wow you with my cleverness. 

It sounds easy enough.  You take some coconut butter, add a little Stevia or powdered sugar and a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil.  Make patties and cool in the fridge while melting the chocolate.  Dip, cool, and done.
Peppermint Patties

Yeah.  But I couldn't find coconut butter and decided to make my own.  Supposedly, you put coconut chips in a blender for ten minutes and it magically turns into coconut butter.  Unless, I discovered, your blender isn't powerful enough.  Then, the motor starts to smoke and you find little flecks of melted plastic in your ground coconut.

I'm not giving up yet.  I just need to find some coconut butter.  Or buy a really good blender.

****

Do you have any good after-school snack recipes to share?

1 comments:

Ski2 said...

May I recommend a VitaMix? it turns cold milk, and chocolate powder and 1 drop peppermint oil into hot peppermint chocolate in less than 5 min--in the blender!